Florida girl nearly dies after swallowing pool water

A day at the pool sent a four-year-old Florida girl to the emergency room. (CNN Newsource)

A day at the pool sent a four-year-old Florida girl to the emergency room.

The girl got a serious lung infection from swallowing pool water.

The girl's mom says her daughter had a bad reaction four days following their pool day.

An x-ray showed the girl's lungs were swollen and inflamed, meaning there was a severe infection.

"You know your kid better than anybody else, so I knew something was wrong," Elianna's Mother, Lacey Grace said. "I just didn't realize it was going to be that bad."

If this happens to your child, doctors say to monitor them closely. Doctors also say if you feel something is wrong you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending