Grilled Apple and Cheese Panini
Hope Danielson from County Market joins us to make a Grilled Apple & Cheese Panini.
Grilled Apple & Cheese Panini
Minutes to Prepare: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: Makes 4 paninis
Whole grain or sourdough bread, 8 slices
Sharp cheddar cheese, 4 slices
Dijon mustard, (enough to spread a thin layer spread on each slice of bread)
1 honey crisp or granny smith apple, thinly sliced, seeds removed
Non-stick cooking spray
Optional: Thinly sliced lean deli turkey or ham
1. Lay out the 8 slices of bread on a clean, flat surface and thinly spread dijon mustard on each of the 8 slices of bread.
2. Then top 4 of the 8 slices of bread with cheddar cheese followed by an even layer of thinly sliced apples.
3. Place the other 4 slices of bread on top of the bread slices with the apple and cheese to make 4 sandwiches.
4. Spray the panini press or skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Grill the sandwiches on medium heat until they are lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat until all sandwiches are done.
6. This panini pairs nicely with any seasonal soups such as tomato soup, french onion, or black bean.
Note: If using a skillet instead of a panini press then press the sandwiches down with a brick covered in foil or another heavy object to press the two slices of bread and cheese together.