MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Springfield Family Displaced After Early Morning House Fire

Fire crews were called to 2600 Griffiths Ave. just after 2 a.m. Friday. (WICS)

A house fire on Springfield's north side left six people homeless early Friday morning.

Fire crews were called to 2600 Griffiths Ave. just after 2 a.m. Friday.

Two adults and three children lived inside the home. No one was hurt.

"Early investigation this appears to be accidental. And we always wanna make sure - these fires happen in the middle of the night - we always wanna make sure we've got working smoke alarms in our homes. That's quite likely what saved this family's life tonight," Springfield Fire Marshal Chris Richmond said.

The fire started in the kitchen and has been ruled accidental. We’re told it appears unattended cooking was the culprit.

The home suffered extensive damage.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Trending