Carbon monoxide leak in Springfield sends three to the hospital

Carbon Monoxide leak sends 3 to the hospital

A Springfield resident was sent to the hospital after their furnace leaked carbon monoxide.

It happened at the 1900 block of South Second Street around 2 a.m. Sunday.

When fire crews arrived, they had to evacuate the family of three immediately.

Two adults and one child were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

City fire marshal says it was a very close call for the family, and if they had slept through the night they would have been dealing with a different situation.

Officials urge residents to check their carbon monoxide detectors to avoid situations like this.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off