Spicy Ricotta and Pumpkin Pizza
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WICS) —
Joyce Fikri from the St. Louis Dairy Council joins us in the kitchen to show us how to make spicy ricotta and pumpkin pizza.
Spicy Ricotta and Pumpkin Pizza - Makes 2 pizzas
- 2 prepared pizza shells
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, browned and drained of grease
- 1 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup diced green or red peppers (optional)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1. Preheat the oven according to the package directions.
2. Mix together the ricotta cheese, pumpkin puree, the salt, garlic powder and oregano in a bowl.
3. Divide the mixture in half and spread equally on the two pizza shells.
4. Divide the sausage, mozzarella cheese and pumpkin seeds and add them evenly to each pizza.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
Frozen pizza dough or naan bread may be used in place of pizza shells.