Blueberry Chicken Salad with Almonds
Melanie Kluzek, registered dietitian from County Market, joins us in the kitchen to show us how to make blueberry chicken salad with almonds.
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes Number of Servings: 6
· 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked - either boiled or baked
· 1/2 cup red onion chopped
· 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar or white vinegar
· 1/2 cup minced green onion
· 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
· 1/4 cup dried cranberries
· 1 cup fresh blueberries
· 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
· 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
· 1/4 cup dijon mustard
· 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Dice chicken breasts and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Sprinkle red onion with rice vinegar and toss into bowl.
3. Add green onion, parsley, cranberries, blueberries and fold gently into mix.
4. In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard. Blend well and fold dressing into salad. Garnish with toasted almonds. Serve with whole grain crackers or pita bread.
Nutrition Facts (per serving and doesn't include crackers or pita):
Calories: 150 Protein: 9.5gm Total Carbohydrates: 15gm Fiber: 2gm
Total Fat: 5gm Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 480mg